Sunday, November 21, 2010

Freak Food CAN Taste Good!

It's autumn. Well, in case I needed an excuse. Of all the recipes I try out, it's about time I posted more of them! Chili will come later...when I finish licking my spoon of course! Anyway, I thought a little pumpkin loving might be appropriate. Finding a good recipe took a nice long time, but I finally settled on one and couldn't be more satisfied...I think I even used this recipe last time, but didn't add xantham gum. Oops. Delish, but crumbly. This time, NEVER FEAR! Like you would, really. Anyway, I adapted this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies, and ohhh my, they were wonderful!
ALLLLL credit goes to Jamie from My Baking Addiction! Thank youuu!

My changes:

  • Added WAYYY more cinnamon than was called for (um, duh, it's me)
  • Used all light brown sugar (but left off 1/4 cup)
  • Melted the butter and mixed everything at once
  • Omitted the pecans
  • Um, MADE IT GLUTEN FREE? Oh yeah, that. I swear, sometimes I feel like taking a sharpie into the supermarket, crossing out the 100% whole wheat, & replacing it with 100% POISON. I won't, I promise. Look out though, San Diego. 
    • I used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour. My apartment-mate bought it without realizing what it was, and I'm stoked.
    • The flour wasn't measured too carefully though...
  • Added a heaping 1/4 TSP of xanthan gum
  • Dumped a full bag of semi-sweet, not dark, chocolate chips. I live on campus, no specialty chips...
I wanted to take pictures, I swear. Well, no, I didn't, by the time I remembered:
Oops! Just kidding, I cut them up and shoved them in the freezer after snacking on a couple. I'm not the best food photographer, as my camera is from my freshman year in high school (seven years ago, I'm OLD). But here's a pretty shot of the blondies in the saran wrap?
Yummay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment